The Walmart Dependent Scholarship Program awards scholarships of up to $13,000 that can be used over the course of four academic years. Eligible applicants who complete the online application process will be evaluated based on financial need and academic achievement. Approximately 25% of all eligible applicants will receive scholarships.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must be the dependent of a Walmart associate (employee) who has been actively employed within any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months as of April 2, 2018.
- Must be a high school (or home school) senior graduating between August 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018 or a GED candidate earning his or her diploma between August 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018.
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 on a 4-point scale (high school/home school seniors).
- Must enroll for fall 2018 as a freshman/1st year student in a full-time program of study at a two-year or four-year college or university. The school must be an accredited U.S. institution, and listed on the official website for the U.S. Department of
Education (http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx). Military academies are not approved institutions.
- Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents.
January 5 – April 2, 2019
1. Click the “Apply Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/WALDEPS (program key WALDEPS)
2. Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome page of the Walmart Dependent Scholarship application
3. Complete all required fields in the online application and upload your most recent transcript and financial documentation
4. Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application
NOTE: The status Complete will display on your AIM Home page when all forms have been submitted and all documents have been verified. Applicants are responsible for monitoring the progress of all application requirements to make sure their application is complete by 11:59 pm CT on April 2. Late submissions will not be considered.
ISTS Customer Care is available Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm Central, to assist applicants with the scholarship application process.
Phone: (800) 311-6823
Click the “Program Guidelines” button below to learn more about the program and the “Program FAQ” button to get answers to commonly asked questions.