UN Women Beijing+25 Youth Task Force Call for Applications 2019
UN Women Beijing+25
UN Women invites applications for the composition of a time-limited Youth Taskforce that will work closely with them from August 2019 to September 2020, to ensure the meaningful involvement of young people in the global processes of the 25th review and appraisal of the BPfA.
The year 2020 will be a confluence of anniversaries including the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Conference and the adoption of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (BPfA), the five-year review of the Sustainable Development Goals, the 20th anniversary of the adoption of the Security Council Resolution 1325, and the 10th anniversary of the creation of UN Women.
As they take stock of progress made in advancing women’s rights and gender equality, UN Women is committed to ensuring that young people are at the centre of this process, focusing on the 25-year review and appraisal of the adoption of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
Worth of Award
The Youth Task Force will be an opportunity for young people to:
- Support and guide UN Women’s efforts to place young people at the centre of the Beijing+25 processes.
- Be part of a network of young supporters that will foster momentum on youth engagement for gender equality on a global level.
- Exchange expertise and knowledge with young people that are working towards the same objective.
- Recognition of contribution.
Eligibility for UN Women Beijing+25
- The work of the Youth Task Force will be divided into four thematic committees. Applicants to the Task Force will be invited to indicate preference for membership of a thematic committee.
- The task force will consist of young people aged 14 to 30 years, recommended by their youth-led global networks, organizations or civic movements.
- Each organization, network or movement can recommend up to two candidates.
- In case your organization/ network is recommending candidates, who are minors, please ensure that all appropriate measures are taken to secure necessary consent from parents/legal guardian prior to submitting the recommendation for a minor. If a minor candidate is selected, it will be subject to the provision of consent and waiver documentation as requested by UN Women.
How to Apply for UN Women Beijing+25
- To apply, please familiarize yourself with the Terms of Reference and Criteria for Nomination, and fill out the application form.
- Together with your resume and the recommendation letter from your organization, network or civic movement, please send your application to youthengage[at]unwomen.org by the deadline.
Deadline: Applications close July 15, 2019, 12 p.m. EST (DST). The nomination
process is expected to be finalized by 30 July 2019. Successful candidates will shortly hereafter receive a letter of acceptance. The work of the task force is expected to commence on 1 August 2019.