SPDC Niger Delta University of Leeds Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerians 2019
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) invites applications for the ninth annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa states ion 2019.
The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from these
Niger Delta states to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
Up to two SPDC Niger Delta-University of Leeds Postgraduate Scholarships are available in Session 2019/20 for applicants to study on specific programmes of study
Worth of Award
- The award will cover fees at the University of Leeds International rate.
- £13,008 in Session 2018/19
- Arrival allowance and return airfare (economy class) for the scholarship
- Applicants MUST first apply for a relevant taught programme of study and be in receipt of a Student Application ID to be eligible for an SPDC Niger Delta-University of Leeds Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Applications without a valid ID will be rejected. To apply for a place on a taught postgraduate degree programme, please visit their website.
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual university’s English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for September 2019 admission).
- Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language
requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently, reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to the end of December 2020
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the local Nigerian consultant
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigerian consultant
How to Apply
- Once you are in receipt of your Student Application ID please click on the link on their website which will take you to the application form.
- Completed scholarship application forms should be returned to the Postgraduate Scholarships Office by the deadline– email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application.
Deadline: Applications close by 17:00 (UK time) June 30, 2019.