Severo Ochoa Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Researchers in Spain, 2018
The Institute for Neuroscience in Spain offers a Postdoctoral Programme linked to the 2018-22 “Severo Ochoa” Award for Spanish Centres of Excellence and offers up to six Postdoctoral positions for international students in the 2018/2019 academic year.
They are seeking exceptional and highly motivated young investigators interested in working in any of the priority research lines of our Strategic Plan (see below).
The present call offers up to 6 Postdoctoral fellowships each with a duration of 2 years.
Worth of Award
- Appointed postdoctoral researchers will receive an employment contract with a gross annual salary of € 29,000-35,000, depending on experience, and will pursue their research in a highly collaborative environment without teaching duties. Opportunities to undertake postgraduate teaching and/or transfer activities would be also available. We have an active policy for mentoring young researchers, which typically involves the association of young scientists with experienced researchers in the same programme. We will offer postdoctoral researchers the possibility to attend laboratory management courses to provide them with laboratory leadership and management skills.
- Employment contracts will be prepared in accordance to Spanish laws and regulations, and employees will be included in the general Spanish Social Security System. With this, appointed researchers and their families will receive full health insurance coverage.
- This call is opened to experienced researchers of any nationality with a doctoral degree.
- PhD should have been completed before the application deadline (15 November 2018).
- Mobility (i.e. not having carried out her/his main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline) will be appreciated and positively evaluated.
How to Apply
Before submitting the application, potential candidates should contact and get the support of a Principal Investigator of one of the research teams in the IN (see full list here). This commitment is required for submitting the application.
Applications should include the following documents (in PDF format):
- Written support of the Principal Investigator of the IN host lab.
- Short CV. Use of the model CV is mandatory
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page, min. font size 11 pt.).
- Brief description of the 2-yr project, which must fit at least one of the topics defined in the Strategic Plan (max. 2 pages, min. font size 11 pt.).
- Two letters of support.
They have to be submitted exclusively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: applications Close 15 November 2018 at 15:00 CET (Central European Time)