Research Support Officer PhD Position at Utrecht University in the Netherlands 2019
Research Support Officer PhD Positions in Netherlands
Utrecht University in the Netherlands is inviting applications for a Research Support Officer PhD Position for the 2019/2020 academic session.
A short term opportunity has arisen at the Research Support Office (RSO) of the Faculty of Law, Economics, and Governance (LEG). They now have a vacancy for a fixed period for a Research Support Officer. You will support scientists in all stages of applying for national and international grants. This is an ideal role for an administrator to join an established and successful RSO team supporting a vibrant Faculty, based in the Centre of Utrecht.
The tasks that comprise this job include:
- providing information about funding opportunities and grants, both national and international, to scientists;
- providing support during the writing process in the non-scientific part (e.g., the chapters on social impact or data management);
- drawing up, in collaboration with the Faculty controller, a sound project budget for the grant provider;
- function as a linking pin between all the Departments involved within the LEG Faculty when applying for grants. Discuss and work together with RSO colleagues from other Faculties when more than one Faculty is involved in an application;
Worth of Award
- The minimum gross salary is €2,709 and the maximum gross salary is €3,514 (scale 10 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) per month, at full-time employment.
- Besides that, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %. Utrecht University also has an appealing package of terms of employment, including the choice for a good balance between work and private (a good arrangement for leave, among other things), possibilities for development and an excellent pension scheme.
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- Experience in working in a Research Support Office is desirable;
- Proven experience of working on research grant submissions;
- Knowledge of research project and programme coordination;
- A pro-active attitude and a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A talent for working in the institutional environment of a large scale University;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
- To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation via the ‘apply’ button below
- For more information about this position, please contact P.A. van Wees (Head Domain Research Support), via email@example.com or +31 6 38 06 65 42.
Deadline: Application closes July 7, 2019.
Research Support Officer PhD Positions