PhD Studentship in Economics at Maynooth University in Ireland 2019
Maynooth University in Ireland is inviting applications for its PhD Studentship in Economics (Graduate Teaching Studentship) in the Department of Economics, Finance, and Accounting 2019.
The applications will be evaluated by the PG Research Committee of the Economics, Finance and Accounting Department and results will be communicated to the applicants during the month of August 2019.
Full-time postgraduate research degree students commencing a programme of study in September 2019 or in the early stage of PhD studies (less than one year) are eligible to apply for studentship support in the Department. Students who have fees paid from external sources are not eligible to apply.
Worth of Award for PhD Studentship in Economics
- Full annual tuition fee support (approximately €6200 per annum);
- A fixed maintenance award of €9007 per annum;
- Participation in departmental activities as a Graduate Teaching Assistant with a requirement to undertake teaching support duties for up to 25% of the notional study year.
- This will involve up to 455 hours of teaching support duties in the course of a year, with not more than 20 hours in any one week.
- These duties will be carried out under the direction of the Head of Department, or a member of staff nominated by the Head.
Eligibility for PhD Studentship in Economics
To be eligible, you must be;
- A student intending to commence PhD studies in Economics in September 2019 or in the early stage of PhD studies (less than one year).
- Participants who will apply for a PhD degree program within the Department of Economics, Finance, and Accounting at the university.
How to Apply for PhD Studentship in Economics
- Appointments will be made by the Head of Department based on a transparent internal recruitment process that meets the needs of the Department.
- Applicants for the studentship are asked to submit to [email protected] (please put “Graduate Teaching Studentship” in the subject line) by no later than the deadline.
- A cover letter outlining their interest in and suitability for the position, highlighting their experience in teaching/tutoring and related activities and the relevance of their proposed research to the Department of Economics, Finance, and Accounting;
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- An outline of their proposed PhD research (2500-3000 words).
Deadline: Application closes 5.00pm on Sunday, July 28, 2019.
PhD Studentship in Economics at Maynooth University