PhD Scholarships at Uni of Queensland in Australia 2019
The University of Queensland in Australia offers Grant-aligned Priority PhD Scholarships in various research areas in 2019.
These scholarships are funded by the Australian Government to assist PhD students with their living costs. Scholarships are offered for projects that are aligned with recently awarded Category 1 research grants. They offer students the opportunity to work with leading researchers and contribute to large projects of national significance.
Available projects are organised under the following areas:
- Agribusiness, agriculture, environment and science
- Engineering, architecture and planning, and information technology
- Humanities, education, psychology, music, business and social sciences
Worth of Award for PhD Scholarships
The scholarship value is a Living stipend of $27,596 per annum tax-free (2019 rate), indexed annually
Eligibility for PhD Scholarships
- To be eligible, you must meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research.
- A domestic part-time student with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability, which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
- International students must study full time.
- If you are awarded a scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
- Enrolment in a PhD program is in research quarters (not semesters); and commencement in a research quarter is fixed to a specific period. Recipients of these scholarships may commence in any research quarter.
How to Apply for PhD Scholarships
Apply for this scholarship when you apply for a higher degree by research. There is no separate application for this scholarship.
Follow the three steps below to apply:
- Step 1: Browse the available projects. Email the Chief Investigator to discuss the project, your suitability, and preferred educational background. Once you have reached agreement with the Chief Investigator, continue to Step 2. Don’t apply without first contacting the Chief Investigator.
- Step 2: Prepare your application documentation. Contact the Graduate School if you have any questions about this step.
- Step 3: Complete an Online Application (OLA). Make sure you read the guide (PDF, 2.1 MB) before you apply – it explains what to do. Contact the Graduate School if you have any questions about this step.
Deadline: These scholarships do not have a closing date.
PhD Scholarships at Uni of Queensland