FWO Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students in Developing Countries.
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is awarding Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship for research to tropical medicine, veterinary medicine or healthcare in developing countries. This fellowship is available for International students.
The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career. For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with VITO.
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency that stimulates and supports ground-breaking fundamental research in all areas of science at the universities in the Flemish Community, including associated research institutes.
- Applications Deadline: December 3, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The Institute of Tropical Medicine for research to tropical medicine, veterinary medicine or healthcare in developing countries.
- Scholarship Award: There is a flexible bench fee available (4.000 – 10.000 euro per year).
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: For the funding of a limited number of fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Developing Countries
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a junior postdoctoral fellowship if your PhD was obtained not longer than 3 years before October, 1 of the year in which the fellowship would start, or will be obtained at Jun 1 of that year at the latest
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship. You can apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship immediately after you junior postdoctoral fellowship
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Transitional measures (if you already applied for a postdoc at FWO earlier)
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: You complete your application via the FWO e-loket