Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students in Germany 2019
Friedrich Ebert Foundation in Germany invites applications from international students for the 2019 scholarship programmes.
The basic funding for foreigners does not differ in content from that for Germans. You will receive financial support for a high-performance degree program, a comprehensive seminar program that strengthens your social and professional skills, and individual on-the-spot advice from around 470 lecturers.
They also motivate our foreign scholarship holders to work for their ideals outside of their studies – this can be for their own country, for German or international topics. It is often difficult for foreigners to become socially committed at their university location because they are sometimes unfamiliar with the social and cultural realities.
Especially our university groups are therefore interesting – there are contact persons who help to realize a social project. The Student Support Department has set up a buddy program specifically for newly admitted refugee and foreign scholarship holders. Experienced scholarship holders can now assist new scholarship holders and inform them about the fellow.
Worth of Award
- Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship. Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships.
- They are paid a monthly amount of EUR 750 in Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister, state examination programmes or EUR 850 or, respectively, when doing a Master’s course. Furthermore, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276.
- The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
- Applicants come from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany, are committed to the values of social democracy and live by them.
- Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance the candidates’ social competencies and academic skills.
- The candidates’ aptitudes and personalities show excellent promise for an academic or professional career. Moreover, candidates are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy.
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted at any time; by filling the application form on their websites
- outstanding school or academic merit (where required: first graded proofs of academic achievement)
- social and political involvement and commitment to the values of social democracy
- responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to get involved with the Foundation’s network
- sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute
Deadline: Applications may be submitted at any time; by filling the application form on their websites