Electrical Engineering Mathematics and Computer Science PhD Position in Netherland 2019
Electrical Engineering Mathematics and Computer Science
The Delft University of Technology also known as TU Delft in the Netherlands is offering PhD position in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) 2019.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) is known worldwide for its high academic quality and the social relevance of its research programmes. The faculty’s excellent facilities accentuate its international position in teaching and research. Within this interdisciplinary and international setting, the faculty employs more than 1100 employees, including about 400 graduate students and about 2100 students.
The Software Engineering Research Group (SERG) has recently acquired an NWO Vici grant called TestShift. The Vici grant is the most prestigious personal research grant from the Dutch Science Foundation NWO and will reinforce the software testing research line at the Delft University of Technology.
Worth of Award
TU Delft offers;
- A customizable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution.
- 2325 – 2972 euros monthly (full-time basis)
- Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school.
- Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
To be considered eligible applicants must have;
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science
- A strong interest in software testing, empirical research, and socio-technical factors
- Strong programming and software engineering skills
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
- Ability to work in an international team
- A healthy dose of creativeness
How to Apply
To apply, please create an application package containing:
- A detailed CV (with contact information for 2 references; sending references letters yourself is not necessary)
- A letter of motivation that includes a paragraph on your vision of the TestShift project (e.g., what do you consider to be an urgent topic to address, how would you go about the project, etc.) —> a generic letter of motivation is not appreciated
- A (draft) version of your Master thesis
- Optional: (draft) versions of papers that you have submitted/published
- A detailed transcript of university grades
- Proof of English proficiency
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning vacancy number EWI2019-33.
Deadline: Application closes July 15, 2019