100 Scholarships for Refugee Students with International Protection in Italy 2019
The Ministry of the Interior, in conjunction with the Conference of Rectors of Italian Universities (CRUI) and in collaboration with the National Association of Bodies for University Education (ANDISU), invites applications for 100 annual scholarships for the academic year 2019/20.
According to the Conference of Italian University Rectors (CRUI), in cooperation with ANDISU (Italian Association of Right to Study Organizations), following the Memorandum of Understanding signed in Rome on July 20th 2016, the Italian Ministry of Interior offers 100 scholarships for the A.Y. 2019/20 to refugee students or with international protection obtained by July 15th, 2019 in Italy.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship amount is the one decided yearly by the Ministry of University and Research for the students living at a higher distance from university.
- Universities receive money and provide the scholarships, possibly in cooperation with the Regional Authorities for the Right to Study.
The scholarship annuities are reserved for students of the following types:
- students winners of the 2016/2017, 2017/2018 and 2018/19 AA calls for which there is the status of refugees or beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, already enrolled at Italian universities and entitled to confirmation of the scholarship for the AA 2019/2020 against the achievement of the CFU indicated in article 4;
- students with international protection (political asylum or subsidiary protection), in possession on the date of 15/07/2019 of a qualification suitable for enrollment in the first year of a degree course, master’s degree, single-cycle master’s degree or doctorate of research that obtain regular enrollment for the first time to the Italian university system for the AA 2019/2020.
How to Apply
Both categories of candidates must apply from the web site
Applicants are also required to attach the following documents:
- Copy of an Italian identity document (ID);
- Copy of the document certifying the international protection;
- Students referred to in art. 2, lett. a: list of exams taken;
- Students referred to in art. 2, lett. b: short CV (in Italian or English).
Deadline: The deadline to submit the application is July 15th, 2019.