100 IDEAS 100 MILLENNIALS Online Mentorship Program 2019
TEDxJohannesburg, with the support of Global Citizen, is looking for 100 ideas by 100 millennials to celebrate to celebrate 100 years since Nelson Rholihlahla Mandela stepped out into the world to shake it, and push the human race forward. This group, born after 1984, and based in any city in Africa, will form the cohort for TEDxJohannesburg’s 2019 activation: 100Ideas100Millenials – an online mentorship programme running from January to December 2019.
They are the millennials, and they want to make the world a better place. There is no greater force for doing that, than a powerful idea. In the right hands, with the right support, a powerful idea becomes an indispensable tool for shaping the future.
So much of what is new and good about our lives today is driven by one special group of people. They carry little baggage from the past, and enjoy a clearer view of the future than anyone else. That future belongs to them, and they fight for it like their lives depend on it
Worth of Award
- A guaranteed ticket to TEDxJohannesburg 2018: Decoding Greatness, taking place on 30 November 2018
- A chance to win double tickets to the Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100, taking place on 2 December at FNB Stadium in Johannesburg
- Have your idea profiled at TEDxJohannesburg 2018: Decoding Greatness
- Tap into TEDxJohannesburg’s network of impressive contacts and expertise
- Participate in a 12-month TEDxJohannesburg, community-led mentorship program
- Anyone born after 1984, and based in any city in Africa
- Applicants should be able to connect to an online mentorship programme running from January to December 2019.
- They are looking for doable, scalable, replicable ideas that respond to humanity’s most pressing challenges, as defined by the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- These ideas could create wealth, and much-needed jobs. Or they could simply open people’s minds to new thinking that changes paradigms, and shifts horizons.
- These ideas could manifest as products, services, campaigns, or powerful new initiatives that spark movements.
How to Apply
Apply online via their website. Click the link below
Deadline: Applications Close: Sunday, 30 October 2018.